Thursday, August 23, 2007

Help is on the Way - Part 2

If you just read my previous blog then you can imagine that yesterday was an emotional day for me . I had blogged yesterday morning about our house helper coming to "help" with the house.

When she saw my tears yesterday she held me close and started praying for me in Spanish. God gave me, for a moment, the ability to understand everything she was saying.

She said, "You are in God's hands. He is the center of your life and your family. He is the king and he will not let you go."

She then got on her hands and knees and prayed for me on her knees. She put her hands on my leg. No one has done this before for me.

I wept and wept.

Here I thought we were coming overseas to bring something special to these people and she is ministering to me on her knees. I was humbled.

God's faithfulness astounds me. This is a very precious woman and her help in our family far exceeds anything she can "do" in the home. She is a prayer warrior, a lover of Christ and most importantly a friend.

2 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

How wonderful that God has brought you such a precious woman and I know you will minister to each other. We'll be praying for your knee surgery next week. And I have a really good feeling that you WILL be able to run again! No worries!

Kathryn said...

Our God is an AWESOME GOD!!! Isn't it so amazing how He meets us where we are. What a beautiful testimony of how you were able to understand her prayer. Praying for you and what God is going to teach you through this whole experience with your knee. Or should I say HIS knee...HIS running.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top