Thursday, April 17, 2008

5 things I love about Missionary Life + 1

1. No house payment!! Wooooooohooooooo....I could do cartwheels over this one. Thanks IMB and Lottie Moon!

2. Living a much more simplified life than what we lived in the states. 650 square feet, no car and a very tight budget will do that to you. But it has been nothing short of a blessing.

3. On that same note, the lack of materialism. I just bought my first shirt in almost a year. WOW! And it's not even a pretty shirt, but people at school were so glad to see me in something new that I got lots of compliments. And then John had to go and say it looked like something my mom would wear. :)

4. Seeing people accept the life-changing gift of salvation that only comes from Christ. And then watching them grow. I can't express the feeling this evokes! It's indescribable. And having the opportunity to do this full-time makes it even better.

5. Knowing we are doing exactly what God has called us to do with no, if's and's or buts....we know EXACTLY that this is what we are suppose to be doing with our lives.

6. Our full-time Empleada. I haven't purchased a shirt in a year, but I also haven't washed one either. Hehehee....makes you want to be a missionary, huh?

3 comments:

circus of love said...

Jessica- It is amazing to hear how God is using you and all He is doing in you and all of yours!!! I remember when you weren't sure you wanted an empleada!! I am glad you have embraced her!!! Can we get a empleada with 3degrees? Ha,ha!! I know God has so much to teach me here in this place I am too. Mountain of clothes to fold and all!!!

Jonatha said...

Ok - if I don't have to do laundry maybe I should seriously consider being a missionary! :)

Anonymous said...

Not having to do laundry and having someone to take care of your everyday needs is why you are a missionary?! I always thought people were called to the mission field for other reasons!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top