Sunday, April 20, 2008

Retraction and New Swimsuits

In last night's post I wrote that “for me to agree with American Idol I would be an enemy of the cross.” Today, when I re-read my post I realized how that came across (like if you don't agree then you are an enemy of the cross). OUCH! Not true and not what I meant to say. So I deleted that from my post, which was not meant to offend (in case it did). My post was meant to inspire thinking and generate discussion. However, I am young and God is still working on me about not being so blunt and how to temper my words. Thanks for your love and patience with me.

On other news, yesterday I went to Pequeno Mundo and right away Ally recognized the store was called "Small World" in English. It was cool to see she is learning Spanish well. Anyway, I had been looking for some modest swimsuits for the girls, but couldn't find anything. I even went online to look at specialty modest swimsuits about a month ago, but when I saw the styles and the $50 price tag attached to the suit, I had to say no thanks. But yesterday, I was blessed with finding these adorably cute suits for like $5 a piece. The virtue of modesty is something we have taught our children since they learned to walk and Ally especially goes out of her way to make sure her clothes are appropriate. So she was happy too when we found these suits. And Avery, being only 2, is just happy to have anything new and purple. I am going to go back and buy all the sizes they have that are bigger than my girls so we will have some for a few years.

Jaxson was with me and he insisted on having a swim shirt, too and we found a cute one that matched the swim trunks he already had. And of course, they just had to play in the sprinkler today even though it’s cloudy and a bit chilly outside because they were looking for an opportunity to wear there new suits.

Mommy, aren't I handsome?

And now I am smiling a real smile! The first one in a long while.

Ally is a flip-flop girl so this suit is perfect for her!

And Avery is at that age that as soon as she sees the camera she squints her eyes. So it will be a few years before we get another good shot of her! But check out the suit!

2 comments:

Jonatha said...

I doubt it will help me, but where did you find those swimsuits? Do they sell them online for a reasonable price? That is exactly what I'm looking for!

Phamilyof6 said...

Jonatha: I hope you read this. I bought you 3 suits for your litte girls after I read your comments. :) E-mail me and I will tell you how I am going to get them to you. ENjoy your time at the beach. And actually, they were less than $5 a piece. I bought 8 suits for $35 (including tax). How great is that?

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top