Thursday, April 24, 2008

Important People in My Life

These are just a few of the important people in my life here in Costa Rica, but certainly not all of them. I am going to try to capture everyone (little by little). Today was the last day of this trimester and I thought I would take advantage and snaps some pictures so you could get an even better peek into our life.

Keely, Marianela and I. Marianela (in the middle ) was my conversation teacher. We had an awesome trimester talking together. And Keeley is a very sweet friend and classmate. I appreciate her love for the Lord and her honesty with me about my perfectionism problems. This picture was taken in our "lunchroom" aka terazo.

Sheila Dudney has been an AMAZING blessing to me life. She has unofficially mentored and counseled me. And I can't imagine getting through this year without her. She is a missionary here in Costa Rica and a woman who values being a wife, mother and servant of the Lord.
Sweet, fun and always smiling Jenny McLamb. I love being around Jenny. I just feed off of her energy and good attitude. She is truly a gem and has blessed me tremendously. She is the mother of the three cute blondies (Caleb, Luke and Elijah) that I talk about sometimes.
Here is ONE of my language partners - Ruth. She speaks no English and we converse together 2 hours a week (thanks to Rains for introducing us). She is a very Godly woman and has helped me immensely in my conversation skills.
Another Picture of ruth! She is originally from Columbia!
THE most AMAZING grammar teacher in the world - Alejandra Rodriguez. I couldn't think of one negative thing about this woman if I tried. She taught us so much and really challenged us this trimester. I know my Spanish has improved immensly because of her teaching skills.

These are the folks (minus 1 student, Marty) who I spend 2 hours a day with 5 days a week learning grammar. We had a very easy-going, fun class and I truly enjoyed being with these awesome Brothers and Sisters and Christ. It was kind of sad today as our class dismissed, knowing that we won't be together again!



A shot of one of our IMB missionaries, Brenda, saying good-bye today. She is heading off to work with the def in Columbia. She and her husband are fluent in sign. They have learned Spanish and now have to learn sign-language the way it is done in Central America. Also, this is the capilla (chapel) where we have chapel 2 days a week. Chapel consists of worship and preaching.

4 comments:

Ansbaughmom said...

Love the pictures-You look amazing!! So good to see your face!

Jessica K. said...

Hi Jessica,

This is Jessica Klingberg. Thanks for sharing your blog with everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I find your blog so interesting and inspiring that I have decided to read it from the start -little by little, of course :) I'm on September 2007 right now and enjoying every one of your posts. I owe my mom a visit to Peru in another year or two - so next time I go you'll already be there and hopefully we can meet up! :) Your four kids are beautiful.

Take care,
Jessica

Jenny said...

Thanks for the sweet shout out!! You are just precious! That's a great idea- I need to be taking more pics at school! Thanks for the inspiration! LOVE YOU, Jenny <>< :)

Justgottalaugh said...

Too cool. Do these people know how blessed they are to see your face everday???

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top