Saturday, April 12, 2008

Things to look forward to

The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the car horns are still honking loudly. At least 2 out of the 3 are pleasant.

John is being adventurous today and took our eldest with him to hike a mountain that carries a cross at the top of it. The last few times John has done activities that require physical endurance, he hasn't felt so good (Kathryn, remember St. Thomas???). I'm praying he climbs up and down with equal force and feels great at the bottom. Notice that I'm not concerned about Parker at all. He'd climb 3 mountains if he had the opportunity. Pictures to come.

Crazy week! Glad it's over!

Some things we have to look forward to in the next few months:

Jenn visiting - my running partner and good friend from St. Cloud
Deidre visiting - my friend from college. We once liked the same guy and weren't friends for 2 years and then once we got to know each other and I dumped that guy (or maybe he dumped me) we instantly bonded.
My cousin is getting married in June!
A mission trip in July where we get to "try" to interpret.
Packing up for Lima in August :)
And we found out that we get to pick our own place to live in Lima. WOOOHOOOO!!!

This week at the restoration houses I found out some of the girls are mad at me b/c I pulled the other girl aside to share the gospel with her. "Why did the Gringa pull you aside and she's never once pulled us aside?" they said. UGH!! Satan is such a schemer, isn't he?

4 comments:

kathryn evans said...

So how did the boys do climbing the mountain? Hope it was GREAT!!! OHHHH!!! Remember St. Thomas. That was a really long time ago. Let's go on a boat ride and snorkel in the ocean!!!

Justgottalaugh said...

He sure is a schemer! How crazy!

I like the running/Bible reading analogy- makes sense. Thank you!

Sorry we missed your call yesterday. I wanted to call you tonight but our phone is on the fritz :( Let's touch base this week. I don't think I've ever gone this long without talking to you. Last night I had a dream that I hugged you (prompted by your blog, maybe) and we both just cried and cried, happy to be seeing each other in person :) It was a great dream!

Phamilyof6 said...

MY BOYS CLIMBED AND they did great. John had some sore knees last night, but they had a great time.

Kitty, I wish I could hug you! That would be better than a dream.

Kathryn, I miss you too. St. Thomas was great.

theupsideof40 said...

Hey!! I'm so excited to hear that John and Parker went for it (assuming it's the mountain that I told you about...even with such a sketchy description. lol). Did they get to pick any wild raspberries on the way up? :) I can't wait to see their pictures!

Great news about Lima! I didn't realize you were going this summer, for some reason I thought it was in another year. Very exciting!! I can't wait to hear where you'll pick to live. :)

Please give my love to John and the kids.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top