Saturday, May 24, 2008

Happenings

Some good happenings:

On Monday, I am changing language classes from a class of 5 people to a class of 3 people. So this means MUCH more talk time. WOOHOOO!!!

I had a half-hour conversation, in Spanish, with one of our teachers at school yesterday about my problems at the house of restoration. She was a director of this kind of house and has worked with addicts for 10 years. She gave me great advice and wisdom. I am going back next week with a renewed attitude and hope.

John and I are SUSHI freaks. Our friends introduced us to a Sushi place here where you can get 48 pieces for $20. Usually we are so full that we have to unbutton the top button of our pants when we are done because our bellies are bursting. Oh wait, that's only me. :) And it is quality, fresh sushi.

Parker is 100% better! Woohoo!!!

God is continuing to work in John's heart and life and is making him a STRONG spiritual leader in our home and a man of conviction. I LOVE IT!! And I love him, too! We have had some VERY rough patches this year, but things are just going so amazing now. I praise God! BTW: he is spending so much time reading the word, putting together an evangelistic presentation in Spanish, researching reformation and calvinism to find out what he believes (thanks AMY) and is constantly desiring to share Christ with others. I praise God for sending us here so that John could blossom in his heart's passion and his calling from God.

I have been working through some "mom" issues with my friend and a counselor at school, Sheila. God is using it to change my heart and my thinking. And the more I seek to forgive and to be forgiven, the more my heart is opened and I can freely love my husband and children. And now, I am able to pray for my mother, sincerely. And God is teaching me things in my OWN life that I was not open to receive until I laid all this "mom" junk at his feet.

GOOD STUFF!

2 comments:

Keeping an Eye on Paraguay said...

Now that is super cool!!!

Stephen Jones said...

These are some wonderful praises. Thanks for sharing!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top