Saturday, May 10, 2008

What I love about this Country:

In honor of my 275th blog (see last post), here are a few my favorite things about Costa Rica:

The sun comes up at 5 a.m. (seriously, I love this).

The weather is usually perfect most of the time. No A/C or heater is needed!

A tree full of parakeets is spectacular.

The hummingbirds that live in our backyard.

The view of the mountains from our windows.

Everything is easily accessible by walking. And if it is not...the buses are very easy, reliable and cheap.

The produce is phenomonal and wont' hurt your wallet.

There is a bakery on almost every corner and their bread is usually fresh and fabulous.

NATILLA!!! NATILLA! NATILLA!!!

Otero's Brazilliana Pizza-covered with tomotaoes and a lemon! Yummy!

The fact that we can get medicines we need without a prescription. Save time and money!

The sweet Ticas/Ticos that invest in John and I in our spanish learning endeavors and expect absolutely nothing in return. They just want to help us learn Spanish so that we can spread the Gospel.

How Ticos usually dress nice whether they have money or not. They take very good care of themselves.

The countless people who suffer through our bad Spanglish and laugh with us!

I could go on and on. But truthfully, I could live here forever if it was God's will. Unfortunately, it is not. But we LOVE this amazingly beautiful country and the wonderful people that God has filled it with.

2 comments:

Michael and Kristi Rains said...

The Brazilliana was our favorite too. We still miss Otero's Pizza. Ok, now I'm hungry. Next time tell Otero and Ulysis I said hello (they have probably forgotten me by now).
Michael

Kristi said...

Maybe a sleep over for Ally when you get here? If you have time. She is welcome whenever it fits your schedule. Can't wait to see you!!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top