Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm back...and always more prayer needs

John didn't want me to interrupt his presensation/homeschool thoughts so I haven't been posting. By the way, his thoughts are simply that - his thoughts and his convictions; things he believes are right for OUR family. They are not intended to make you feel that we have problems if you have or do send your kids to school. These are thoughts he has regarding the vision God has given The Phams.

Please pray:

Parker was very ill yesterday with the vomits. After 20 times in a like 5 hours the doctor recommended we take him to the ER for some special meds. He is not vomitting anymore, but has felt nauseous all day. There are 3 of us left that have not had this virus. It seems to have a 5-7 day incubating period.

Jaxson's tonsils are coming out Saturday, May 30th at 7 a.m.

Avery is undergoing tests to see if she needs tubes in her ears or if her tonsils need to come out too. I will know in 3 weeks, but if you can imagine, her tonsils look worse than Jaxson's. She has had multiple throat and ear infections.

I had my WORST bible study experience yet today. It has been a struggle for various reasons since the beginning, but it has been more and more difficult each week due to certain elements of which I have no control. I talked with the leadership at the house of restoration and if things do not change, I will not be teaching there anymore. We are going to make some changes next week and we will see how it goes. I have felt the Lord say that I "can" be released from this responsibility, but that isn't really what my heart wants. Please pray things will change. I can't really go into detail on the internet. The leadership was "super helpful and kind" in understanding my concerns and problems. Please pray for my cultural adjustment as well.

Well, I have missed blogging. If you are interested, I can write about how God called me to homeschooling. It's kind of interesting b/c I use to be adamantly against it. :)

4 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Wow! The Enemy really is afraid of what is going on in the Pham house! Praise God! Persevere! Press on! Put on the full armor! I'm praying for you all!

And yes, please share your story. Believe it or not, I don't think I have ever heard about how you became a "homeschool addict." I, too, used to be adamently against it. Wow! How far we have come.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all. Yes, I would love to hear how God called you to homeschool your children.

Jonatha said...

I'd love to hear your homeschooling story - I had no idea you were once against it! I was the same way - I cringe at the things I said, and now those same reasons I didn't want to, are some of the strongest reasons to school here! :)

the Phamily said...

I too would love to hear how the Lord led you to homeschool. As we pray about our next 'adventure' with God, homeschooling could very well be involved!
becky pham

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top