Saturday, May 10, 2008

Motherhood

John in all of his sweet glory tried to plan a date for us tonight in honor of me being the mother of his 4 precious children. Let me rephrase that....he planned a date for us tonight. And as we were getting ready to leave, little Jaxson Dean vomitted. This would not be the first time he has O.D'd on sugar. At first we thought he was nauseous from all the sugar he had at a b-day party that we went to today, but then we realized, later of course, that he didn't eat anything at the party. UH-OH! That was clue #1 that something wasn't right!
Clue #2, he had a 101 fever.
Clue #3 that he has a virus, and that he DIDN'T O.D. on sugar, is that he has continued to throw up all evening. We were only out of the house for an hour before we called home and found out about clue's number 2 and 3. So we returned promptly to rescue the babysitters and take care of him.
I'm sad he's sick, but honestly, what a great way to spend mother's day - being a mom and doing things that moms are the best at - like nurturing a sick child back to health and giving lots of hugs and loves to help him feel better. After all, these are the precious moments of motherhood.

4 comments:

Keeping an Eye on Paraguay said...

One time we were at the Cheesecake Factory for a date when the babysitter called and said that one of the kids just threw up. We had just gotten our bread and only had time to order waters to drink. When Lisa told me, my response was, "so, offer to pay the sitter more money... I want Cheesecake factory."

Well, of course we left and I got the burnt left-overs of frozen pizza.

Ps. You have a better attitude than I have... I think I am still bitter about it :)

Justgottalaugh said...

What a great perspective from a great mom! Happy Mothers Day!

Jonatha said...

Thank you for the perspective! I tried to keep that in mind all day - it isn't about pampering me, but being grateful for the gift of being a mom.

circus of love said...

What a sweet spirit you had about it!!! Cheney would dub you "Super Mommy!"

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top