Saturday, May 24, 2008

Urgent Prayer Needed for John's Father

John wrote:

2 years ago, my father cut his finger and got an infection, which lead to very unstable diabetes. Then a few months ago, he fell and broke his hip. Since the hip surgery, he has not recovered fully and his health has gone downhill, due to his age (75) and diabetes.

Last week he went to the emergency room. They found that his sodium was low and his blood sugar was very unstable. His health has gotten worse over the last week. The attending doctor has not been able to get my father’s blood sugar or sodium under control, and does not know what is causing it.

I just received a call from my sisters, who came from Phoenix to be with him in Los Angeles. They said, my father is doing very poorly. Here is a summary:

1. The neurologist tested and concluded that my father is in advanced stages of Alzheimer’s.
2. He doesn’t recognize my sisters at times. Just a glazed over look.
3. He has forgotten how to swallow, and they had to start feeding him with a tube today.
4. He cannot eat food with his mouth, because he has forgotten how to breath from his nose and chokes when trying to eat.
5. He is incontinent and does not have the awareness to tell anyone when he has to go.
6. He does not talk.
7. Essentially, he is like a child, my sister says.

I beg that you would pray:
1. He would get his strength back from the feeding tube.
2. The new doctor that is taking over will be able to stabilize his blood sugar and sodium.
3. His strength would come back enough, so my sisters can take him back to Phoenix with them.
4. The Alzheimer’s would go away or improve, once his sugar, sodium and strength improve.

2 comments:

Stephen Jones said...

John, Sorry to hear about your dad's health. We will be praying.

Amy Jo said...

We'll be praying. Lots.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top