Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday Update on John's Dad

John wrote:

Thank you all for praying. I finally found a way to have internet access here. I arrived to Los Angelese at 1:00 am Monday morning. Yesterday, my father had surgery to replace his nose feeding tube with a tube direct to his stomach. I arrived to the hospital yesterday, but he was sleeping all day from the anesthesia. Around 9:00 last night, he spiked a fever of 102.7, so the doctor was concerned about pneumonia, and administered antibiotics promptly. We left him still asleep at 11:00 pm.

This morning, when we walked in the room, he was awake. He was able to recognize my sisters and me, and managed to say our names!!!!!!!!!!! He is not saying anything other than, "I love you" or names. One word here and there. I showed him pictures of my family and he recognized Jessica. This is a miracle, since the neurologist has pretty much written my dad off as advanced stages of alzheimers. However, still not swallowing, no urinary or bowel control, blood sugar everwhere, and low sodium.

Thank you so much for praying. It is a miracle. As a side note, I was in the cafeteria and overheard a two young cafeteria workers talking. The girl said to the guy, "I believe in God, but I'm not religious." So I approached them, and was able to share the entire Gospel with both of them. They were not sure if they were ready for any type of decision, so I gave them the 4 Spiritual Laws and they agreed to talk to me more today and tomorrow. Please pray for Mi Linh (Vietnamese and brought up Mormon and Jehova's Witness) and Jaime (Catholic).

I humbly ask you to keep praying for my father, because now, just a few hours later, he can't recognize anyone. We can see he's trying, looks around looking for the answere, but he gets frustrated and sad that he just can't. Again, thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will keep praying for you and your family. I am so glad that you had a great moment when your dad recognized you all. See, God is using you to share His word with others even during a difficult time for you. That can be such a testimony for others. You may be planting the seed in their hearts. I pray that your dad has a speedy recovery.

David & Paula said...

John...we are praying!

Amy said...

We're praying, too!

Kerri said...

We too thank you for the update. We're certainly praying for your dad. We'll be praying for Mi Linh and Jaime now as well.
Kerri & Robert

Grannie Rains said...

We are praying, keep posting...
Love, Grannie and Papa Rains

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top