Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Amazing Hubby

I must say that I am married to quite an amazing man. Some of our good friends, the McLambs, have a 5 month old daughter named Hope. Well, Hope had 3 seizures on Sunday, out of the blue, and she has been in the hospital ever since. Last night, we had there 3 boys over here for about 5 hours (which equals 8 kids) and then this morning one of us had to be at their house at 7 a.m. so that the husband could go be with his wife during this ordeal. Well, I was sleeping when he got the phone call last night about this morning. Not only did my hubby offer to go over there, but when I woke up this morning he had made the baby his bottles, set out breakfast, started the kids lunches and volunteered to go watch the McLamb kids. I was just blown away by what a servant's heart he has. Sometimes I seriously take his acts of service for granted. Even last night when we had the kids over I wasn't feeling so well because of a new cold that is popping up. So he ran to the grocery store to get some Ramon Noodles and then cooked them for the kids while I stayed here to keep the peace. He could've easily demanded that I make a big meal to feed everyone, but he was so happy, once again, to serve me lovingly. There is nothing that he won't do. I know in the beginning we use to fight about socks being left around and the fact that he doesn't clean toilets or whatever. But honestly, he shouldn't have to clean toilets! :) He is such an iniciative taker and goes out of his way to love and serve me and the people in his ministry. People always ask how I can run so much with 5 little kids. Well, the key is definitely John Pham. Without him, I could not exercise like I do. He is always willing to lay the kids down so I can go exercise at 7 p.m. or do breakfast so that I can do a long run on the weekends or even brings the kids out to watch a 5k race or marathon. He never EVER complains! Even now that the kids have been in school, we have a little routine where I feed the baby, make lunches and then take a shower. He takes a shower, does breakfast with the older kids and then feeds the baby solids while he is sitting there. He takes the kids to school, I exercise, and when I get back he leaves for the entire day. I pick the kids up, do the homework and what not and then he comes home and we start back to our teamwork. It is definitely a tag team effort. No WAY could I have 5 kids without the constant help of this Godly man. Just wanted to brag on him a little after what he did this morning.

And I just remembered that, as I type this, he is spending the day doing ministry, but also taking around 2 kids from the states with him so that they can see the poor parts of the city. He just never stops giving and serving - seriously!!!
post signature

4 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my heavens.....I had no idea about their little baby! We will be praying...surely they will not be coming for Spiritual Emphasis will they? Oh my...that would worry this Mommy heart too much:)

Sounds like you DO have an amazing husband my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonatha said...

How is the baby? Yes, John is amazing and y'all are blessed to have each other!

justgottalaugh said...

You certainly are blessed!!!!!

Michelle said...

You are a lucky one. But something tells me that John also has an amazing wife....

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top