Sunday, November 16, 2008

Crazy day

Going private in a few days. If I have your e-mail address, you don't need to e-mail me for an invite. Only if you think I don't have your e-mail.

Quick update:
60 kids tonight at Bible Study and over 50 adults. WOW! We think that is a record. 3 weeks ago NO ONE was showing up! NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!! We were TOTALLY not expecting such an AMAZING turnout. Totally God's hand moving in this area. Unprepared and ill-equipped. We are learnign SOOOOOO much about what NOT to do. Trial by error, for sure.

I was in charge of 60 kids with NO help. Finally one lady came to help me, but it was virtually impossible. Bad Spanish! Not prepared! Rowdy Kids = DISASTER!!!!!! Not feeling like I have the gift to teach really young kids. Not my calling, not my gift. Bring on the drug addicts and alcoholics, but I REALLY, REALLY struggled with the kids today. And UGH...when am I going to learn to speak Spanish? LOL!!!!

Next week we are starting our discipleship groups! I am going to start a morality study with the women, John will be teaching the men and then a journey girl is going to teach the youth. And then after the groups, we will have "church." Discipleship at 4 p.m. and church at 5 p.m. Really hoping these groups take off so we can train up leaders to run the church. Our desire is not for John to be "the pastor" but to train the nationals to do it. So far, there is zero spiritual maturity in this group, so it is NOT possible for us to leave. However, one person does want to get baptized. That is definitely a start in the direction of obedience.

Please continue to pray for us as the needs are GREAT so, so great, but the workers are few!

No comments:

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top