Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pictures

Today we felt an earthquake that was 4.6 on the richter scale. It was quite scary and the kids started crying. We piled ourselves into our teeny-tiny bathroom until the shaking stopped. John was in the elevator when he felt it. If we thought we were scared, he was more so. The shaking definitely didn't feel like a novelty today. He came in freaked out only to find us freaked out in the bathroom. Fun times, right?

Other news:

Today is the first day I felt half-way normal and I still didn't feel great. But after 10 days, I am finally improving.

I signed up for the Lima half-marathon (13.1 miles) on November 30. My first in 2 years. :) Can't wait.

We had our national friends over for Chicken Cacciatore today. They stayed for about 4 hours and we had good conversation (my Spanish is terrible from being cooped in the house for so long while I have been sick). I was suffering from a bad sinus headache and my friend Brigida rubbed my back and neck for about 20 minutes. It felt so nice to have someone babying me. It was a touch from home and I enjoyed every minute of her loving on me.


The painters came to our house this week. And the results are very nice. The whole house is a capuccino color (with accent walls), but you will notice the color looks different in each room. So funny how that happens.

Keep in mind, we are still waiting for our crate of furniture, so our apartment is still a little sterile and without much furniture. :) I'll put more pictures up once we have our crate!

A view of the city at night from our bedroom!

The other view! I promise the accent wall is red and not pink!
Our bathroom!
Our Hall-way art gallery!
Jaxson posing and wanting you to see the world's longest hallway!
Avery Brooke!
1/2 of the boys room! Can't wait for some furniture!
Living and Dining Room!
The girls room! Ally picked out the pink!
Our living room!
The kid's bathroom!
Our guest bathroom! A pretty mint green!
1/2 of our kitchen!
The other half of our kitchen!
The entrance to our kitchen!
Dining/Living room! The accent color is red, not pink. The flash kind of changed the color.
Our Yummy meal today!
Our special friends!

2 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Wow! What a beautiful home. How blessed you must feel in a foreign country.

Amy said...

I LOVE the red. I painted my laundry room in red and no one likes it except me. Glad to see someone else appreciates this fabulous color. Also, I could not help but notice that lovely apron you are donning in the picture.....hmmmmm......very cute! I just knew that you would find one that suited you:-) Looks like a very cozy home indeed.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top