Saturday, November 1, 2008

Praise the Lord

John wrote:

Yesterday was an encouraging day.

I was able to share my testimony and the entire plan of salvation with the door man of our apartment building, Manuel Sanchez. We have been talking about spiritual things recently. I gave him the Book of Romans a while ago and this week I gave him my favorite christian book, "No Wonder They Call Him the Savior." He has been reading it and even shared it with the night door man, who is reading it as well. He said he would like to trust Christ alone as his Savior, and said when he is ready, he will come up to our apartment after his shift to pray with me. Please pray for Manuel.

For the past few days we have had two painters in our house. One is a believer, Sixto, and is a long time IMB friend. His co-worker, Alberto, was not a believer. Sixto said he has been trying to be a witness to him for a long time. I was able to share my testimony. He said he would like to experience that same peace and forgiveness. So I shared the Gospel with him and he prayed to trust Christ as Savior and Lord. The encouraging thing is that he and his family are going to go to church with Sixto. Sixto was totally excited and immediately started discipling Alberto as they finished painting our house. Please pray for the spiritual growth of Alberto and that he will share the Gospel with his family.

Praise the Lord, he let me be a part of His moving at a time I needed some encouragement in ministry.

3 comments:

Stephen Jones said...

What wonderful news! Praise God for His divine appointments and for the powerful message of the gospel. You are in our prayers.

Amy said...

What an exciting day! Angels rejoicing in heaven! Thanks for sharing. God IS at work!!! Amen:-)

The Byrd's Nest said...

What great great news!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top