Thursday, May 27, 2010

Honesty

Every since last week's drama I have had zero desire to "put myself out there" and blog. I know I am among friends (like 10 girlfriends who KNOW me), but my spirit was a little crushed. I have talked to hubby about it extensively because blogging is just an outlet for me that I REALLY need while we are living overseas. So many things happen that I want to blog about. Like today, I found out that my favorite Peruvian entrada, La Causa Rellena de Pollo, has 1,100 calories. But will you think I'm obsessed for sharing that I was duped by my neighbor into believing that it is actually healthy because it's made with potatoes? By the way, it's unbelievably delicious. I should've know that nothing that yummy could actually be low in calories. But to blog about something like that would be showing you a part of me that might open me up for judgement and I feel overly judged and critiqued already, from last week. So....I'm kind of in limbo and seeking the Lord and asking Him to remind me that what people think of me is not what is important. Living a life that honors Him and is genuine and righteous IS important. And the rest....well, I can't worry about it now can I?

But...I should be worrying about a yummy peruvian dish that packs as many calories as a Big Mac. :)

post signature

2 comments:

Jessica K. said...

I hope these feelings of vulnerability pass soon. I love reading your blog and hope you don't stop, especially because it's something that YOU enjoy doing!

BTW, thanks for reminding me of yet another item to add to my list of foods to eat when I go to Peru in August (alongside tiradito, choclo con queso, papa rellena, yucas fritas, triples...) :) :)

The Byrd's Nest said...

You know what Jess? This is your blog and it should be a safe haven for all of your feelings. I have often thought of making my private just so I could REALLY share my heart and not get unwanted feedback from people who do not know my heart. I think our purest form of our testimony comes directly from our hearts....that is when people can REALLY relate to you and share in your frustrations...sorrows...happiness and not feel like they are the only ones who may feel like that. So share my sweet sister.....just pour it out and we will just be here to pray for you and encourage you.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top