Saturday, May 29, 2010

Life Stuff

Babies grow up way to fast. Yesterday Miles turned 8 months old. And today John had to adjust his crib so that the matress is lower. Miles can finally go from an all fours position to sitting up by himself. You know what that means is next? Pulling up on EVERYTHING and then walking! He is already grabbing onto my clothes and pulling himself up a little bit. The good news is that as active as he is, he is still super content to just be in my arms and chill. Praise God, he is such a calm, non-hyper boy.

Do you know how I always say that it takes me 20 minutes to drive about a mile and that I can run there faster than my car will take me in the bad traffic. Well, last night we finally put it to the test. We were stuck in miserable traffic and I happened to be wearing my running shoes. So picture me in a long sleeve shirt (regular bra....ouch), with a black hoody, jeans and my running shoes. I hop out of the van, with John's permission of course, in rush hour traffic and take off running to see who is going to get home first. All I could think was that I wish I had my sports bra on. I wanted to take the jacket off so badly, but it was an extra measure of support that I need. :) I was sweating so badly as I was booking it as fast I possibly could. Unfortunately, the street that I was counting on for the traffic to continue to be horrible on, was actually REALLY clear so John was able to make MUCH better time than he normally would. He picked me up 3 blocks from our house. Not bad, huh! I was seriously running like someone was chasing me. I wish I had my GPS watch on to know how fast I was running because at times I felt like I was in an almost sprint to beat him home. It must've looked soo funny to the passerbys to see a white gringa racing in jeans and a hoody. It probably looked as if someone was chasing me, but there was no one behind me. It was so much fun to do that and I hope we can put it to the test again because I know I can beat him if the other street is as busy as it usually is. I'll keep you posted!!! :)

Tomorrow is a HUGE ministry, outreach event that we are having in Gosen. It is going to be so much fun and we are taking the whole family. Please pray for new people attend and for it to be successful and for lives to be touched.

post signature

2 comments:

Jonatha said...

That is hilarious! They may have thought you were a thief with that black hoodie! :)

How did it go yesterday?

justgottalaugh said...

Yes, so funny! I can just picture it:)

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top