Sunday, March 28, 2010

Feeling Better

I have officially had this cold for 9 days, but am rapidly improving. I think it is trying to leave. My lungs are fine, just the intense sinus pressure is hanging on, but it is totally bearable :) The baby is still coughing and has laryngitis now, but overall he is doing great. He is feeling better, sleeping less and overall content. So I think the cold is almost leaving his body as well. I am about 5 days behind him, so just in time for Easter I should be in tip top shape.

I FORCED myself to run yesterday b/c I hadn't been exercising and when I don't exercise I am just BLAH and YUK! I decided to just put my shoes on and have NO goals - just to run or walk and enjoy it. When I left the house, I told John that I could be back in 30 minutes or 1 hour or 2 hours or 3 hours. Well, I ran, and ran and ran and ran and ran. It felt SOOOOO good. Most people enjoy going out to eat and shopping for some time of refreshment. Me...I love to run! I didn't even allow myself to think during my time alone. I just turned the music on and ran while smiling at the fellow runners. It was heaven on earth. I finished up and I looked at my watch and it said I did 10 miles at 9:20 a mile. I was very pleased. Not bad for someone who had no goals, no expectations, and has been sick. It was just a perfect run that was exactly WHAT I needed. And it was a lot cheaper than a spending spree or eating frenzy! :)

I will post pictures later today so check back!

1 comment:

Justgottalaugh said...

Ally,
I really miss you. I am sending you a letter/package, you will get it in pretty soon.

-LibbyJoyRobinson

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top