Wednesday, March 31, 2010

life, death, blog posts, perpetual sickness and a great family

So much to blog, so little time to do it.

My heart is aching for my aunts and uncles. They are all so sad and crying uncontrollably. My uncle was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer 4-6 weeks ago and he has battled Hepatitis (from a blood transfusion) for at least ten or more years. Anyway, he lives in CA and went to the San Francisco area to have some more tests done or to try a treatment or something of that sort. He was staying at a hotel and going back and forth from the hospital to the hotel to have the stuff done. He was with 2 of his boys (my age) at the hotel and they went downstairs and he called them and told them to call 911. They came up, they called 911 and he passed away at the hospital. That is about all of the details that I have. So I'm not really sure what happened. It's so sad and sudden and tragic. I do praise God, though, that he didn't have many months in a hospital bed ailing and dying from Cancer. He was able to be out and about and active until his final moments. But my heart aches for my cousins because they loved their dad so much and had a great relationship with him. He had 3 boys, Bobby, David and Christopher and he leaves behind 7 grandkids (I think). I know he has at least 5 or 6. Anyway, life is so short and ends abruptly. I want to make the most of EVERY moment of EVERY day because I could be one 911 call away from death.

Oh yeh, my mom can't fly out to California for the funeral because 1., she doesn't have the money and 2., she has no valid identification. UGH! Don't ask! How crazy is that?

Yesterday, my sister in law FINALLY had her DNC. Her baby died at 8 weeks gestation and she carried it until she would've been 16 weeks pregnant and found out about the loss when she was 11 weeks along. So she waited for 6 weeks to have a natural miscarriage (8 in total) and it just didn't happen. Bless her heart! What an ordeal she has been through. It makes me sad that my brother has to mourn the loss of his baby and the death of my uncle on the same day while we were over here celebrating John's life. Strange how that happens. That is why I posted the Ecclesiastes verse. There is a time for everything and sometimes those "times" might be at the same time.

In other news, now Avery is sick - 104 temp with vommiting. I think she got it from our new friends (that is a post I can't wait to write about). :) Since the day before Thanksgiving, at least one person in our family has been sick EACH week. I don't think there has been a week yet that everyone has been healthy since that day. I am hoping once winter starts and we can shut the windows that our good health will return.

There is so much more I could write and I always think of these witty, interesting posts, but when I sit down to type I am usually so tired that I just want to get something on the blog and get it to you. So maybe one day I'll get to the posts that I actually want to write.

The kids are out of school until next Monday. Today was a 3.5 hour day so I kept them home with me. I LOVE having them home. It was a tremendously AWESOME day. I am looking forward to the next 4. John is slowing down and will be with us as well. We love being together as a family.

5 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

So sorry about your family....they must be so heartbroken and it is so hard when they don't get to say their goodbyes.

I know a woman who lost two babies and had to deliver them that way...oh my heavens...so terribly hard on everyone.

Praying no one else gets sick at least for awhile and know that you are always in our prayers.

Jonatha said...

I'm so sorry - for all the sad things! Praying for you and for good health! And, Happy Birthday to John!

Layton Family Joy said...

wow - honey, I'm sorry. Hoping your family is conforted in CA!

Amy said...

PS
If I knew how to design a header for you I TOTALY would....I just don't know how.....:-)

Amy said...

Sorry I have been MIA. I WILL call tomorrow! Promise! I'm praying for you all. Happy (late) birthday John! Miles is toooo cute! PLEASE send me the address for the Mississippi team who is coming to you so I can get these Cadberry Eggs OUT OF MY HOUSE!!! Miss you! Can't wait for THREE months.....here they come, here they come, here they come....:-)

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top