Friday, March 19, 2010

Tomorrow is Ally's 8th birthday party and we are expecting about 14 little girls. Can you believe we even know that many people now? God is so good. So today and tonight will be spent preparing for the fiesta. I am kind of nervous because it is the first true party I have hosted in over 2 years and my first real one in Peru. I'm just not sure what to expect with a bunch of quiet little girls. At least if there are crazy boys running around things never get dull! My boys will at least be here so maybe they can add some spice to it. Of course, with Jaxson there is never a dull moment.

Miles has been really sick for about 6 days with his first full blown cold. His nose is running green, as well as his eyes, and he is coughing with a ton of congestion. Needless to say, this has made him demanding and irritable. We feel so bad for him. I don't have plans to take him to the doctor unless he spikes a fever and then I will be concerned about his lungs b/c they don't sound very pretty. But right now, he doesn't have a fever.

The mission team left and although things went "okay" it wasn't as successful in reaching the area as John had hoped. The team was wonderful, but they were working in an area where John doesn't have many relationships and we are virtually uknown there, so people become hesitant to participate, because they don't know who we are.

Parker spent 2 days this week vomitting and missed his first day of school. I felt so bad for him, but I did enjoy having him home with me. No one else has come down with it yet, but Avery has complained of a tummy ache.

John is finishing up his seminary class for this semester. He will have officially completed 20 hours of seminary in about 3.5 years. At this point, He will have a Master's in Divinity in about 7 more years. I keep telling him that "slow and steady wins the race."

And me...I'm okay! :) Nothing stellar to report and nothing negative either (PRAISE GOD!)

Gotta go prepare for the fiesta.

No comments:

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top