Friday, March 12, 2010

You know you're a missionary when.....


a mission team brings you a bag of American candies and your kids ask what Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are. They had never heard of or even tried them. Can you imagine? I could hardly believe it, so I shared a little with each kid and their taste buds were freaking out with excitement. Can you blame them? It's the small things in life that bring such joy.

Also, the same team brought Kit-Kats (nope, they haven't had those yet either, but I will definitely share). And, they brought the kids some Peeps. She said we couldn't have Easter without Peeps. God is so kind. Just earlier this week I was thinking about how cool it would be to have some Peeps for the kids. They DEFINITELY know what those are. Now, if I could just get my Cadbury Egg cravings satisfied..... :)

And yes, I know that candy has absolutely NOTHING to do with Easter!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm SO JEALOUS! They have them here, but a big bag of pb cups (think Costco) costs $48! I cannot bring myself to pay that much. However, we pay a very similar price for a case of Dr. Pepper every few months. Why haven't these guilty pleasures gone global yet???

Jonatha said...

You are such a good mom for sharing!

The McClain's said...

I'm so with you on those Cadbury egg cravings! And I agree that you are nice for sharing!!! :)

Amundson Family Musings said...

Are you kidding!!! You SHARED THEM!!! I would have said, "Oh Reese's aren't anything you'd like." and kept them for myself!!! I TOO agree with the cadbury egg thing. EVERYTIME I visit a grocery store here in Chile, I look and look, but to NO avail. MAYBE SOMEDAY AGAIN!!!

Jennifer said...

They didn't have Reese's in Oaxaca and a church group sent some to us... Mmmmmmmmm!!!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top