Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Blog

Blogging takes time - something I don't have much of right now. Not really sure why! Maybe it has something to do with 4 awesome children, a honey and language school. Oh yeh, and lots of homework. God is helping me to do everything in moderation. I'm so much of an all or nothing person. So, my blogs will probably be less frequent until I become fluent or inherit more time in the day. Neither of which are bound to happen anytime soon.

Anyway, there are MANY families in our school that have the vomiting virus. So far we are free from it, but it is spreading like a plague. I ask you to please pray for these families, their quick recovery (several people have had to go the hospital) and that WE will be protected from it.

Okay, the exciting news for the day............

I'm................





going to hang out with my Tica girlfriends on Sunday afternoon. WOOHOO! I'm sure you thought I was going to say I'm pregant. Sorry to disappoint you. That would be cool, but for now, my good news is that I am meeting my friends at the centro commercial (mall) at 4 p.m. I told them to bring their patience because they will need a lot of it to try to talk to me in Spanish. Of course, they already know this.

In other news, a taxi driver gave me his phone number today. He is 40 and single and he KNOWS I am married. I guess that didn't deter him from going for it anyway. I chuckled and then tossed his number in the trash. But I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me feel good - even for just a few seconds. :)

Lastly (okay, that's not even a word), I am going to my neighbor's Bible study, finally, on Friday afternoon. I've been trying to get there for like 4 weeks. I am looking forward to learning God's word in this new language. When I went over to my neighbor's yesterday to chat in Spanish, she spent more time laughing at me than talking to me. It is funny, but the truth is that it is very humbling to be smart in English and "not so smart" in Spanish.

Thanks for your prayers! They sustain us throughout these days.

1 comment:

Jonatha said...

Your vacation looked fabulous! And what a field trip! God is providing so many once in a lifetime opportunities for you family. I will be praying for that precious little one's surgery to be a success. I hope you learn quickly while in the presence of such expertise!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top