Wednesday, October 24, 2007

No more sickness - mostly

Life! We are getting back into it! Praise God! Ally was the only sick child left in the Pham household and I think she'll be going to school tomorrow. I felt terrible yesterday, but today was much better. Avery survived her 24 hours of vomitting and Jaxson made it through 6 days of a fever. Parker has a lingering headache, but is feeling pretty good besides that. John spiked a fever on Monday night, but he bounced back quickly. Boy, something like this illness makes us appreciate our health all the more.

Knee update: I've been having some problems with my knee since I went on the field trip last week. The trip included 8 hours each day on the bus and a boat - sitting - for 2 days in a row! My leg has had a hard time recovering and the hip pain has come back. YUCK! I saw the doctor today (first time in 6 weeks) and he said my leg is still very swollen and this is normal. The good doctor said that sitting that long in that position is hard even on good knees! He is, however, a wee-bit concerned that my hip is still hurting, but for now is chalking it up to overcompensating because of knee pain. Up until that trip everything was progressing wonderfully and he believes I can get back to that place in a few weeks. He put me on a strong round of anti-inflammatories and told me to continue therapy once a week and I will see him again in 3 weeks. After that, I will increase my activity again and we will see how my leg responds. He told me that although there is pain right now, he is VERY optimistic about running in the future. He said he wasn't optimistic before, but he said that he is now. I am pleased! I can continue light, low-impact exercises while I am waiting for the inflammation and pain to decrease. I am confident my leg will continue to heal.

Sorry there is nothing funny or exciting to report. :) But doesn't the possibility of me running again just make you smile! I'm wearing my marathon shirt, today, by the way. Only my running friends will care about this.

The weather here yesterday morning was 59 degrees. WOWSERS! That has nothing to do with anything, but I thought you just might like to know. It was colder than Christmas day in Florida. Hace Frio!

3 comments:

circus of love said...

I am so glad to hear that ya'll are doing better. I have been wondering and praying for you all. We love you guys. I don't know what the temperature was here today but cool and hazy all day. Just like a real fall day. Wow! Enjoy your 50's.
Love you guys so much.
The Evans clan

Anonymous said...

I came so close to wearing my marathon shirt today, too, but I just cannot bring myself to sport it until I finish the last 10 miles.....hopefully, next year after baby no. 2 arrives! Many prayers for you all!
Amy jo

Justgottalaugh said...

Thanks for the knee update and the health report. I've been aching for you all.
I LOVE my marathon shirt that you sacrificed for me and grin at the thought of you wearing yours. Miss you, girl!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top