Thursday, October 18, 2007

My dad

I received a package from my grandmother, dad and aunt today. My dad had packaged it up and sent if off. It was wrapped up in an Asics box. Before I left we picked out a pair of Asics shoes together. When John saw the box he said, "That is your dad's shoe box."

I said, "My dad touched this box." And then I held it close. He wrapped it and packaged it and it even had his hand writing on it.

It is the closest I will get to him until December when he comes to visit. Praise God! But it was nice to have him in my arms...even if it came in the form of an Asics box.

1 comment:

The McClain's said...

HI! WOW...I understand that feeling about holding a box so close that your family has touched. I miss my mom and dad so much...it is hard for me - my dad and I were not on good terms when we left because he is not supprotive of us being here at all. The last two times I've talked with him however, he has said some of the most supportive things to me and it just makes me miss him so much! So, I'm not sure if I want to say thanks or what for this post, but it allowed me a release of some emotions I have pent up about him...so thanks :)

Brooke :)

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top