Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Prayer

Everyday a student in my class has to pray. So far, it has only been in English. I decided I would like to pray in Spanish tomorrow so I wrote this prayer to help me along. I'm not yet to the point where this would easily roll from my brain to my tongue. However, here is the prayer I wrote. I am waiting for my friend, Jenny, to call me back so that she can tell me all the things that are incorrect and need to be changed - I'm sure there are quite a few. I will post the corrections as well (later), so you can see the error(s) (and there are many) of my ways. But here goes nothing. My VERY first prayer in Spanish. Never dreamed this would happen. Even if it's not TOTALLY correct, or partially correct, or mostly incorrect, at least God understands. :)

Senor, eres poderoso. Eres fiel. Gracias por esto dia. Gracias que usted amor nosotros. Yo oro que usted puede ayuder nosotros que espanol. Gracias por todos los estudiantes en esta clase. Gracias por nosotros maestra, Laura. Por favor, ayuda ella a ensenar nosotros. Senor, nosotros damos nuestros vidas a usted. En el nombre de Jesus, yo oro todos las cosas.

Father, you are powerful. You are faithful. Thank you for this day. Thank you that you love us. I pray that you can help us with Spanish. Thank you for all of the students in this class. Thank you for our teacher, Laura. Please, help her to teach us. We give our lives to you. In the name of Jesus I pray all of these things. Amen!

Here is the correct version:
Senor, tu eres poderoso. Tu eres fiel. Gracias por este dia. Gracias por tu amor. Oro que puedas ayudarnos a aprender espanol. Gracias por todos los estudiantes en esta clase. Gracias por nuestra maestra, Laura. Por favor, ayudala como nos ensena. Senor, nosotros te damos nuestras vidas. En el nombre de Jesus, oro todas estas cosas. Amen!

2 comments:

Justgottalaugh said...

I thought you were praying for the chance to go to Ponderosa. You'd have to pay me $100 to go there :)

John and Jenny said...

Amen!! Great job!! And I totally understood your original prayer, too!! I am so proud of you!! Love, Jenny

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top