Monday, July 14, 2008

1 MORE MONTH!

Check out the blog countdown to Peru - exactly 1 month from today.

Excitement is running HIGH!!!!

Motivation is running low!!!!

It's the beginning of the end and the end of the beginning. I cannot wait.

I know I am bad at keeping touch, but please know that I love all of you so much. Sometimes just thinking about your friendship and your blog comments get me through the day (Michelle, Amy, Tammy, Steff, Jeanne, Jonatha, Heather, Kitty, Kerri, Kristi R., Brooke, Pastor Steven Jones, Grannie Raines, Marlene, Layton Family, Jenn). Thanks for taking the time to read. And thanks for going to Costa Rica with us and now to Peru.

And P.S. We do have Hot Water! Just not a hot water heater. We have this little contraption that heats the shower water as it runs through it. It is very unpredictable. The water is either hot or cold and not a lot of in between. But I'm so thankful that we didn't have to shower cold all year.

8 comments:

Ansbaughmom said...

Sorry havent commented in awhile-I still love ya!! I cant believe you are going in a month! Time does fly!!

Jonatha said...

Only a month! Wow! Things are going great around here (still issues, but God is in control!). I just received our Konos book and I am so excited to get started! The kids are even looking forward to it after browsing the book. I think it was a good choice :) I can't imagine how excited you must be to get your kids back.

laytonfamily said...

I can't wait to go to Peru with you! How exciting, I've never been out of the states (besides to Tijuana once) and LOVE reading about other countries and how "real life" is not resort vacations! And I love praying for people who are growing His Kingdom!
All the best these next few weeks!
Stef
p.s - I hope you'll get your exercise blog up in Peru!

MichelleD said...

I love that we the technology available today that we can stay up-to-date on what you are doing practically daily! What a great time God has allowed us to live in! :)

Love you!
Twinkling,
Michelle

amy jo said...

Wheeewwwwh! I was really worried about that hot water situation! I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering! I mean, I could sacrifice some things, but I don't know about that!

It has been such a joy to share Coasta Rica with you all. It has been exciting to see how God has worked this year in the lives of your family through the trials and the mountaintops (some literal ones!). Looking forward to sharing Peru with you, although, I have to be so honest: I am so glad I am not going to be there with you physically! I praise God that He has given you the heart for the people in that very crowded city. (I suppose I should be careful what I am thanking God for...never know where He may send me....)

Love you!
Amy jo

circus of love said...

Whew...I was thinking that many cold showers would drive someone crazy!!Ha,ha!!! But I suppose there are lots of missionaries that go without hot showers.

We are so proud of you guys. I can't believe it is almost time to head to Peru!!!It is really amazing! It has been wonderful to be able to stay connected with you through your blog!!!

Thanks for your comments on Abeka...I don't want to be worksheet driven. UGH!!! I just gotta make a decision and stick with it.

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Um, no hot water? Now I KNOW I'm not cut out for missionary work.

ptamom3 said...

I'm positive you have learned so much in your time in CR, and I know there is so much more for you to learn and blog about in Peru. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top