Monday, July 28, 2008

Lima has EVERYTHING I need!

It's 9 p.m. and I am still awake. I didn't actually make it to sleep! Oh well!

BUT LOOK WHAT I FOUND! CAN YOU TELL I AM EXCITED BECAUSE I AM TYPING IN ALL CAPS!

I have looked at least 10 times for a running club in Lima. And now that I can actually speak a little Spanish, I was able to type in the right words and LOOK what I found.

There is a Nike 10K at the end of August. If God will allow it, sign me up! I am so excited to find a club that has races every month. I really need this in my life for motivation.

http://perurunners.peru.com

I probably won't sleep because I am so excited. My dreams will be about the Nike 10K!

4 comments:

Jonatha said...

That is awesome! I tried to check out the page - but it had a little too much spanish for me to understand ;)

MichelleD said...

Woohoo!
I'm hoping to run my first 5K this fall or winter. I haven't been running outside much because of the heat (I know it's a lot hotter in FL and, say, Costa Rica...but for me, I don't love running enough to feel sick from the heat), but I'm trying to keep fit, so I can pick it back up regularly as it gets cooler this fall. In the meantime, I run outside on cooler days/evenings.

Love you, friend!
Michelle

laytonfamily said...

would you please give me some of your running inspiration? Goodness - my calves are lead rocks now, and burn when I walk - and I haven't completed 1/2 of a 5K yet! I'm so hoping everyone is right and running WILL become a JOY to me as I push thru this. I keep telling myself I'm NOT built to run - then immediately pray that God changes my heart (and body) toward running. I feel like big fat elephant stomping down the road - no light deer over here.

circus of love said...

I thought you were going to sleep...glad you found your running group. Lost at WW today. Only 3.4 this whole month but that included a vacation and about two weeks of trying to figure out if I was really going to do this or not. At least i am going down and not Up!!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top