Wednesday, July 23, 2008

We have made a plan....

Okay, so everyone in the world seems to think it is absolutely ludicrous that I would wait until we get settled in Peru to have the kidney stones removed (which could be up to 2 or 3 months including the time we have left here).

My tutor and friend, Anna, came over tonight and she gave me some great advice. Tomorrow when I see the general physician, she said I need to get the name and number of the other Urologist who is willing to do the Lithotrypsy to break up the stones before I go to Peru. And then she said I need to high-tale it over to his office tomorrow to see him and set the surgery date ASAP.

So, John and I discussed it and we think this is the best plan since we won't even have a home or anything in Peru and we don't know when we will. We also looked at the calendar and we are hoping that I can see the Urologist tomorrow or Friday, take my two language Evaluation tests next Wednesday and Thursday and then have the operation next Thursday or Friday. I would stay home for the weekend and then return to school the following Monday for my last 2 weeks of school. The procedure would consist of the doctor blasting the stones with a lithotripsy and then inserting a stint into my uretur to ensure that the pieces of the broken stone do not get stuck since my stones are leaning toward the larger size. And then, sometime after I get to Peru I would have the stint removed (which is a very easy procedure).

So, I just wanted to share our plans with you. Please be praying, if you could, that things from here on out would go MUCH smoother and that we would get answers and results we are desiring. We know this is all in the Lord's hands and that we make our plans, but He directs our steps.

3 comments:

Ansbaughmom said...

I hope everything goes smooth for you in the next couple of weeks. Hope you are feeling better too!!

circus of love said...

I also think it is wise to get it done before you go...I will pray all the details work out to get it all done and that you feel better!

Anonymous said...

Hi John and Jessica, We will be praying for you Jessica through your ordeal of kidney stones. I know what it is like. Very painful.
I (Chuck) had 2 - 1 in 1980 and 1 in 1985. I was told to stay away from eating cucumbers, asparagas, spinage and squash from an old time doctor (the father of my then doctor). I haven't had one since.
Taake care - Love and Prayers,
Chuck and Cecelia Merrill

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top