Saturday, July 12, 2008

Random

Things I have lived without this year that I thought I would die without (and surprise, I haven't died):
a bathtub
a dishwasher
a hot water tank
an airconditioner
a car
caller id/voicemail
a normal sized stove
a normal sized refrigerator
Carpet
Seatbelts
A baby in a car seat in the car
My running Club
Worship and Sermon in English
The Public Library
Seeing my best of friends weekly
Homeschooling my kids
Did I mention my car yet?

Last night the kids and I took a bus to a location. Yes, a public bus called the Periferica. I'm not lying to you when I tell you that the bus driver pulled the bus over in front of a small store/bakery in the middle of the route. We all sat in the bus (which was full) for almost 5 minutes while he went in to purchase his goodies (Orange Juice and condensed canned milk). And actually, it turned out that he bought them for the lady that was sitting behind him. It was the strangest experience. I really was in shock and disblief, but I shouldn't be. How great it was that he served her like that. But we were ready to get off of that bus!

John's dad is still progressing each day.

Avery is enjoying her potty training. She is doing Amazing - dry naps, dry nights, dry days, but we are still working on the #2 issue. But I'm still pleased.

Only 4 weeks and 5 days until we step on the airplane for Lima. Please pray for our children as they prepare to transition yet again. Saying goodbye is never fun. And they are having to get rid of a lot of their clothes and toys again. Although it's great to live so simple, I seriously am ready to own something for longer than 6 months to a year. But God has been so good to us to provide everything we need. Please pray for them and all of the changes they are about to go through as their entire life is completely uprooted once again.

John comes back tomorrow. I missed him TERRIBLY. God really gave me so much patience, peace and grace this week. I know that staying home and holding down the fort is what God has designed me to do and I had so much pleasure doing it and knowing that God Created Me to Be His Help Meet ( a great book by Debbie Pearle). Originally, I was going to be the one going on the trip, but through conviction and scheduling issues (I couldn't miss anymore school), God showed me that His desire was for me to be home with the children while John went out. I am so glad that I obeyed because there was so much blessing for me. Don't get me wrong, there were moments like this morning (that I was praying for him to get home soon). Anyway, I mean, I could've actually missed Avery's first potty experience. It could've been John or her teacher that was there, but Praise God, it was me. Anyway, I'm rambling. I am just very happy to feel God's hand on this past week. He is so good - ALL THE TIME!

2 comments:

Jonatha said...

What do you mean "hot water tank"? How do you use hot water? I'm so confused... Will you be leaving almost everything there and staring "new" in Peru?

circus of love said...

A hot water tank, really? Cold showers!!! I am so proud of you and your family!
And here I am complaining about what we don't have. I pretty much think I have all of those except a running group. I am trying to receive God's grace in the days when my John is gone. I am so glad you are able to do that!!!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top