Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Avery and her BIG day of firsts

I'm going against my word of getting on the computer but I just HAD to post this and I know you will sleep better.

Today, AVERY went number #1 in the potty. Yes, on her own for the very first time (not including the time it happened on accident). Then she proceeded to go 10 more times throughout the day, at will, and was very successful in wearing underwears. She had a dry nap (1.5 hours) and she even told me she had to do a #2 and she did it. Although it was not much at all. I haven't been working with her for the last 3 months with the potty. I just gave up and decided I would return to it when we moved to Peru. I just can't believe the progress she made in 1 day. WOW!!! I just wanted to share this because sometimes it feels lonely here, but sharing small, important details like this make us feel more connected. I get to stay home from school again tomorrow because of 2 sick boys, so I will keep her home with me and continue to work on her potty skills.

6 comments:

Stephen Jones said...

Great job, Avery. What a big girl! We're so proud of you!

Dylan has been learning his potty skills in the last week as well. Quite an adventure. He was mostly trained in one day, but has had a few accidents since then.

Marlene said...

GO AVERY!!! I'm proud of you but also hoping that the flush problems from last week are taken care of since there is another person using the potty now! Blessings to ALL of you!

Ms. Marlene

circus of love said...

I am assuming that you can flush all that!! I celebrate with you on potty training!!!

ptamom3 said...

Great job Avery! It always seems to happen on "their time" not ours! That's the way it happened here anyway.. hope all else is good. So glad you got to visit FL and see a bunch of friends- I know they were all thrilled to get to see you!
Take Care!!

Jonatha said...

YAY Avery! That is wonderful (for you too, Mom!). I have to admit, potty training is my least favorite part of parenting (at least until they get it), but if they did it like that I could totally handle it!

MichelleD said...

I was thinking the same thing as Marlene! I hope your potty works well now. Good job, Avery!!!
~Michelle

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top