Sunday, July 13, 2008

An Observation

Yesterday we went to a local park. I've been thinking a lot about how many of my new friends in Lima, Peru will probably start from meeting people at the park. But no one EVER talks to us at the park, here. So I told the kids we have to speak Spanish at the park, because we probably don't get spoken to because they think we don't speak their language. I mean, I would't approach someone who was speaking German or Italian in St. Cloud. Would you? Of course, not!

So, we were speaking Spanish to each other at the park yesterday and 2 very sweet ladies (separately) came up to us to ask about the kids and started a conversation. They were super sweet. So...I guess my Spanish theory was absolutely correct. :) At least now, I will definitely be on the hunt for friends in Lima at the parks by our house (assuming there will be some).

1 comment:

Jonatha said...

I cannot believe you and your children can actually speak spanish to each other while playing at the park. You guys have done so amazing!!!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top