Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm home

I'm home from the hospital after 3 days and 3 nights in Clinica Biblica. The doctor's believe I passed the stone sometime yesterday morning, but unfortunately I did not have the proper "tools" to catch it with. Unfortunately, I have 3 other stones sitting in my right Kidney waiting to ruin my life. :) The hospital was very kind to keep me drugged up to minimize the pain as much as possible. I am feeling functionable, but definitely not great. I am so happy to be home and am hoping and praying for the rest of the pain to seize quickly. I am on no less than 7 medications. I can't STAND taking medications and I cringe each time I have to swallow them. But I can't stand pain even more, so for now I am following doctor's orders.

So here's the follow up:

The doctor's want to wait to do anything until the inflammation, pain and irritation seize.

I need to have a lithrotripsy to remove the 3 stones, but because of their sizes (they are bigger), there can be complications and they can break up and get stuck in the uretur (spelling). So, we've all agreed that one of the first things I do when I arrive in Lima is get the lithotripsy done.

I also need to have a Colonoscopy done. However, the doctor once again thinks that I have to get past this "renal colic" episode before we do anything that might further irritate me. Both doctor's agree that the major sight of pain was my colon and the tests showed blockage from my kidney to my bladder.

Thank you for your friendship, e-mails, calls and prayers. God is teaching me something - I'm just not sure what yet.

I'll be staying home for a day or two resting and then "LORD WILLING" I will try to re-enter the normal world - whatever normal is - very soon.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I will pray for your pain to be quick.

I'm so sorry.

The McClain's said...

Jessica,
WOW! Sorry to hear about all this. I just found out today when I heard the prayer request (I went to chapel today at ILE). Then caught up on the blog tonight...we have a team here so therefore I have no life :)

Anyway, praying your pain subsides soon and for a quick recovery! Love you!

Brooke :)

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Oh my goodness! Keep us posted. We're praying for you!

Jonatha said...

Welcome home! I will keep praying for you to recover quickly. I know this is very challenging for you and your family!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top