Thursday, July 3, 2008

God!

The weather here today was fall-like. Like October/November in Florida. I just love it! Tomorrow is the 4th of July and a huge group of us from school/IMB are taking a bus to a park in the mountains. There is a swimming pool and trails to hike. We are soooo excited. This will be our first ever 4th of July in which we were NOT in America. Kind of sad! I will definitely miss all the fun at the St. Cloud Lakefront. That was a huge highlight of our year. Please enjoy it for us if you will be going.

Each time that I have been very discouraged about my Spanish, God shows me to take heart. Today, I shared the God's message of Christ at the House of Restoration using the Roman Road and bad Spanish. I hemmed and hawed when I first found out I had to learn it in Spanish. Now I am praising God for it b/c this is the second time God has used it to bring someone to Him. A woman at the house prayed to receive the gift that Christ offers us. And she wanted to do it in front of everyone. I was so nervous to pray in front of all these nationals, but somehow God gave me the words. A few times today I said words I didn't even know I knew (that is the work of the Holy Spirit). We rejoice in Wilma's decision today. She has not been drinking for only 3 days. She is such a baby in Christ and knows NOTHING - except that God loves her and has a plan to heal her and change her. Please continue to pray for her.

What a GREAT DAY!!!!

God just showed me that He WANTS to use me even if I am far from perfect in the language department. Praise Him!

2 comments:

Jessica K. said...

Jessica, your difficulty in learning a new language is absolutely normal. I went through the same challenges learning German when I first moved to Germany. I can completely relate with your frustrations - I also cried, despaired and felt that it would never happen. It was a very trying time. I can see that you're also going through the same ups and downs. Hang in there, it will happen! The study groups that you are leading are going to be immensely beneficial in improving what you already learned in the classroom. Plus, living in native Spanish-speaking countries, your Spanish can ONLY get better. I think you're doing awesome!

Kerri said...

Jessica, your story is awesome . . . an encouraging testimony to God's ability to equip us to serve Him in the way He has called us. He is most glorified through our inadequacies. Praising God with you and praying for Wilma to begin her journey of discipleship strong.
much love,
Kerri
Robert and I continue in prayer for John's dad.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top