Friday, July 4, 2008

the stuff of life

No water all day yesterday. We were prepared. No water today! We were not prepared! We have 8,000 sticky dishes piled up in the kitchen, 4 VERY stinky kids and a pile of nasty clothes from our trip to the park today - all of which I can do nothing about. And I didn't mention the toilet situation. :) You'll be glad I didn't. I told John if we don't have water when he leaves tomorrow night for his mission trip, we are going to go to the beach for a few days where there is plenty of water. He thinks I'm joking. I'm really not!

John's dad:

He has an infection in his heart.

He was diagnosed with Lupus (on top of Addison's disease and diabetes).

He has a valve leakage in his heart that needs to be repaired. He is a high risk for a stroke or other complications. He can't have the surgery b/c of his platelet count and other health issues.

His blood infections are cleared for now and so is the pneumonia.

Our brother in-law who is a nephrologist told us today that the longer dad stays in the hospital the longer he will stay in the hospital.

There is no sign right now that he will be leaving anytime soon. Please continue to pray.

On a lighter note, we spent the 4th with some other families from school. We went to a park on the side of a mountain. The kids swam, ran around and we enjoyed a nice packed lunch. We had our good missionary friends, Paul and David and Ezzie (Avery's future husband) over for supper tonight. We had a blast eating tacos (with U.S. bought seasoning) and the most delicious banana bread. I will post the recipe. Seriously, it is the BEST I have EVER had. A guy in my class made it and I bummed the recipe. It is first class.

We miss you all! We miss the fireworks! We miss U.S.A. and we miss all the 4th of July food. :)

Oh yeh, I will NOT be posting from tomorrow until the following Sunday or Monday unless there is an emergency with John's dad. I will need to focus on the kids so I will not have time. I will not be checking e-mails either, so if you need to talk to me, please call me 3217664043.

No comments:

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top