Saturday, September 26, 2009

Are you calling to tell me I'm in labor?

This morning, at 7:27, our phone rang. My thoughts went like this:

"It's Saturday."

"Who is calling at 7:30 a.m.?"

"I bet it's the doctor."

"He's not busy today."

"I bet he's calling to tell me I am going to have the baby today. I can't wait to answer it"

"Wow, it's Saturday. What a great day to have the baby."

"I hope it's him."

Answer the phone.....Disappointment!!

And of course those are ridiculous thoughts. Who calls to tell you that you are going to have a baby? But I thought it was quite funny that I actually associated the ringing with phone with someone telling me I was in labor. I wish it was that easy. :)

It was just the phone company here in Peru. We haven't been able to get them to call us for 4 weeks and then they decide to finally call us on a Saturday morning at 7:30 a.m. when all the kids were sleeping. Love it!

And yes, it is a great day to have a baby, but all is quiet in the womb!

No comments:

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top