Thursday, September 24, 2009

Peace

Today everything is as quiet as could possibly be in the womb. I am surprisingly not as discouraged as you might expect. Starting labor and stopping labor is definitely not fun, but I have this amazing peace about the situation. I know that IT is definitely from the Lord Himself. Typically, I am anxious and impatient, but the Word does tell us that God gives us a peace that surpasses all understanding. I definitely HAVE IT!! :)

What happened with the doctor?????

Last night I went to the hospital and they said I was 2 cm. The contractions were off their little chart thingy coming every 4 minutes. They sent me home to wait it out and make some more progress. Once I got home, the doctor called and asked me to come to his office which is less than a mile from here. Upon arriving, he checked and said I was definitely 3 (maybe a bit more) and had thinned out considerably from the day before. I was vomitting with the contractions and my BP went high again. He was like, "You are definitely starting labor." He then said he had been thinking about it and he knew how much I had wanted a homebirth and that he felt very comfortable just coming to MY HOUSE to deliver the baby since I lived so very close (you can walk there in 5 minutes) to the hospital. The baby's hand moved off of his head. He told us what we need to deliver at home and sent us to the pharmacy to get an injection for Group Beta Strep! Can you believe that he, on his own accord, has agreed to give me a homebirth? Now this is the chief OBGYN at the leading medical school in Peru. This is THE BEST doctor I have ever seen in my entire life. And I have to think that it is ONLY from the leading of God that he has decided to do this. If there is anyone's hands that I feel safe in (besides the Lord of course) it is his. And...he is BEST FRIENDS with my pediatrician. He feels very good with the Ped. we have chosen and we would see him the next day, after the birth.

So, in the midst of labor stopping, I still have this awesome news. Now that's not to say it will actually happen, but it is in the works to happen. I am really excited about it.

The doctor called this morning while I was sleeping and spoke with John. John told him the contractions had disappeared and that I was disappointed, but resting. He said he completely understands, but that this is a completely normal part of the labor process. So, I guess I will be in touch with him again when things pick up again. Could be today, tomorrow or even late as next week. I'm not going to give anymore labor updates probably until AFTER the baby comes or until I am like 6 or 7 and there is NO turning back! No need for you to be on this roller coaster with me. Unless, of course, you are enjoying it! :) LOL!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't stop the updates on our account! I like rollercoasters! That's what our lives have been this past year, anyway... :o) I vote to keep the updates coming! (Only if YOU can and want to, that is!
Jenny B

laytonfamily said...

oh girl - the SAME THING happened to me with Hank! I showed up and was 4cm, but not thinned - and the contractions were coming. They told me to walk the FL mall - and 2 hours later, everything just stopped! I couldn't believe it!

But it'll happen, God knows the time and He is sticking to His plan!! Praying for you!!

Shawna said...

Ditto!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top