Tuesday, September 29, 2009

So far, so good!

I just love this baby! He is so precious and I can't help but just want to spend every second doing nothing but looking at him. UGH! He is amazing in every way.

Okay...so tests results of the heart were completely normal. The brain results were mostly normal, but showed something called "shine" (not sure about the translation of that) in his ventricals. The doctor said that could potentially be something, but we need to have a repeat ultrasound in about a month or so with a neurologist.

They are going to run some kind of metabolic test tomorrow to rule out one more thing. I didn't understand "what" they are looking for since it was Spanish medical lingo. He will be observed for one more day, but can actually stay in the room with me tomorrow and tomorrow night. They said if everything continues to go well and there are no more episodes and a good blood test result then we can go home on Thursday morning; just in time for Jenn to arrive!

Thank you for your prayers. I can't wait to have him in the room with me tomorrow.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Be aware that bonding is different with babies that have been in NICU. It is part of "sending them off to NICU camp for the first time" before they've really become "yours". While I have a great bond with all of my kids getting there was much different with the ones we had to only sit and watch at first vs. the one who got to stay in the room from the beginning. I'll be praying this goes well. Give the whole family LOTS of grace as they figure this all out. (Including YOU!)

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top