Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pray for Baby Miles

At Mile's routine visit this afternoon he turned a very dark purple all over his body for several minutes and appeared to not be breathing correctly. He is now in the NICU getting constant care and at times his oxygen is lower than what it should be. When he is on oxygen, his levels return to normal. We are awaiting the results of many tests. A chest x-ray showed a possible enlarged heart, but sometimes x-rays aren't the clearest of pictures. He will have more advanced heart tests done tomorrow.

The episode happened as we went to weigh him and the nurse immediately called for the doctors. I praise God for the 2 wonderful doctors that did not waste anytime at all taking care off him. We should know A LOT more tomorrow. The doctor assured me that it didn't matter "where" he was born that this was going to happen either way.

I have been admitted into the hospital as well so that I can feed him every 3 hours. I am still in a lot of labor pain and am exhausted so I am thankful for a quiet place to rest.

Please pray for baby Miles and that everything will be just fine!

BTW - He weighed 8 lbs. 14 ounces and was 20 inches long. He brings me so much joy already.

1 comment:

Jonatha said...

I'm praying for you all. I know how hard this is :(

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top