Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cow Tongue and God's Angels

The below picture is a picture of a cow's tongue. The skin falls off (kind of) during the cooking process. The meat is very tender and has a good flavor. However, I could not get use to the texture or the idea that I was eating a cow's tongue. I could still see some of the skin on the tongue and it totally gave me the willies. Seriously, I was sick to my stomache for 6 hours after eating this. Thank goodness some Pizza helped settle my belly.

Please continue to pray for our safety - especially since we are moving to a city that is even more dangerous than San Jose, Costa Rica. This morning my friend and I met at 5:15 a.m. at a Pharmacy one block from my house for our morning jog. As we started to walk across the street (we had taken two steps) a motorcycle came right towards us. He veered WAY out of his way to make sure he was directly in our line as we crossed. I wish I could draw you a picture so you could see how obvious it was that he wasn't just going about his merry own way. The roads were empty, it was barely light outside, and he headed STRAIGHT towards us. I said, "hey, hey...to my friend" and she caught on. I started to run away from him and she veered to the left (an extreme left) and ran as well. He took off as fast as he could as he saw that we weren't about to let him get near us. The entire incident lasted about 5 seconds. It seemed as if his original intent was that he wanted to corner us against the building because we were still in front of the pharmacy. We don't know how long he had been watching us as we were standing there for 2-3 minutes talking before we started to walk. We only made it a few steps before he came towards us. And what did he want? It was obvious we had to no money. My teacher has her theory, but I'd rather not publish it. Needless to say, we were scared and we ran straight to the local, safe, track for our morning run.

When I got home this morning I told John about the incident and I said, " I think he decided to flee when he got close enough to see the legions of Angels that were protecting me."

Please Pray! Pray! Pray!

Speaking of prayer...please continue to pray for our children during this time of intense transition. We are already starting to notice some changes in them (especially our oldest, Preacher boy). We desperately cover your prayers as Satan likes to get busy during these days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you all during this transitional time. Just remember that God has it all planned out. He is with you every step of the way. He obviously had His angels watching over you this morning. Praise Him for His protection! :)

The Byrd's Nest said...

I have been really trying hard not to be the first one to post because I definately don't want anything to do with that cow's tongue! LOL

Big huge prayers for your little one and all the rest of you. Praying for a hedge of protection as you go out in the darkness to show the lost people His light.

Kristi said...

Girl you are crazy! That picture makes me sick! We are praying every night, especially for the kids. Love you guys!

Tiffanie said...

Wow how scary! I'm so glad you were able to avoid h and run elsewhere! I'll definitely be lifting you and your family up. In the meantime RUN WHERE ITS MUCH SAFER!!!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top