Sunday, August 10, 2008

Culture

3 cultural "observations" I noticed this week:

1. As I was walking to the grocery store that is only a 1/2 mile from my house, I passed three young men who were sitting on the side of the road rolling a joint and smoking it for all the world to see. Hmmmmm.....interesting. I was less than a foot away from them. I was hoping they would ask me to join them. I kid, I kid......never tried it, never will.

2. As I was sitting in my friend, Ruth's house, I saw, from her window, a car pull over on the other side of the street. The man got out and pee'd against the wall of a house and then he drove off. He didn't know I could see him, but he probably didn't care.

3. When we were leaving the movie theater tonight, there was a woman who works for Glade passing out "glade" coupons and informational stuff about their products. She was dressed in heals and had all of her glade candles burning and her glade stuff set out. It just seemed like an odd place to be hawking "glade" products - especially at 9 p.m. on a Friday night.

AND THE OLYMPICS ARE RUNNING FULL SPEED IN ENGLISH. We had our television on ALL day watching them. It's like the only time we can have it on non-stop and I don't feel guilty. The kids are really enjoying them. :) We have to get our fix until Friday night.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love that you are my friend, the missionary, who can blog about smoking pot, peeing on a wall and the Olympics -- and love Jesus with all of your heart!
Love you!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I am sure you are seeing LOTS of things that would make Americans say....Hmmmmm.

So glad you have found the Olympics in English!!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top