Friday, August 1, 2008

no more catheter

Hi all! I'm home. I'm fine. I'm going to bed to get some much needed sleep. I was quite the grump last night and was a bit agitated about the catheter and I didn't rest well until they gave me some sleepy medicine to shut me up.

My friend Pam stayed the night with me and she was so wonderful, sweet and kind (like always). When I told her I was going to pull the catheter out (this was around 11 p.m.) she gave me a very stern talking to. It was cute and motherly. We called the nurse and finally we got some sleep.

Yeseterday when I woke up from the surgery, apparently I was talking A LOT! I was talking non-stop. Which isn't so unsual for me, but it was ALL in Spanish. John said he was talking to me in English and I refused to speak with him in English. I only responded in Spanish. And then, when the doctor came into to talk to me (keep in mind I don't remember ANY of this and I wasn't in my right mind), I told him that I don't speak English. I only speak Spanish. How funny is that? I can't believe that my tongue was speaking Spanish and my mind didn't realize it. I have to say that so far that experience yesterday has been the highlight of my language learning. I do remember me talking lots and lots in Spanish upon waking up, but I don't remember what I said or to whom I said it.

More stories to come.

I am feeling great! Just some irritation, but I'm hoping to make a yummy supper tonight and not stay in bed all day.

3 comments:

ptamom3 said...

Glad to hear your surgery went well and you are back home healing! Catching up on your other blogs so ta ta for now:)

Michael Roark said...

So, the question is:
Did the doctor ask why you were talking like an 8-year-old?

Glad to know you are getting better. We'll keep praying til the hurt is gone.

Pamela said...

We're glad all went well, Jessica!
We've been praying for you and following the course of events. Just haven't had much time to comment with John sick. We hope you'll be feeling 100% again in no time!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top