Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More life stuff

The contract is signed on the apartment and we are scheduled to move in on Friday morning at 10 a.m. John has orderd the mattresses, couch, dining room table, refrigerator, washer/dryer, and stove. And now we are broke! UGH!!!! Okay, not totally, but we will be very shortly as we continue to furnish the apartment. Fortunately, the prices here are reasonable, unlike Costa Rica. Everything is like an average America price and not jacked up to double.

Things of interest:
I ran 5 miles along the beach. It was incredible. I want to write a blog about this experience and God's blessing. I didn't want to let go of St. Cloud because of the 4 mile running path along the lake. You get the point!

I can't understand anyone and they can't understand me. Did I really spend a year in language school?

The driving here is much milder than in C.R.

The people aren't nearly as friendly as C.R.

You have to negotiate a taxi price before you get in the taxi. Can we saw AKWARD?

There is a running club that meets by the beach at 6 a.m. on Sunday mornings for a jog. I don't know where and don't have a contact yet, but I'm going to find out. Fun, fun!

I am signed up for the Nike 10K in a week and a half. Can you believe it? I'm going to run my first road race in almost 2 years and it's in Lima, Peru!! I just want to finish! NO time goal! Of course, under an hour would be nice. I found that I can run 1-2 minutes faster per mile than when I was in C.R. with the same amount of effort. Just goes to show that the altitude was horrid for me.

It is winter here and everyday it is between 45-65 and very chilly. It doesn't really rain, but at times feels very misty. Right now it is 59. Usually you can't see the sun, but I did catch a glimpse of it yesterday and I soaked it up as much as I could. This Florida girl LOVES sun!

Prayer requests:
I have been quite a grump in the morning. Please pray this will seize.

Opportunities to speak Spanish with people who are patient and willing to listen. I am losing more and more Spanish everyday.

For our kids adjustment. As of yet, they have no friends, except each other and are just bored, antsy, roudy, and ready to be settled.

For the sleeping situation to improve - 6 people in one room and 7 year old that wakes up at 6 a.m. everyday. Enough said!

That we will find the church God has for us quickly.

Once again, for my emotions. I am so happy to be here, but I thrive off of friends, routine, deep conversations, family and ministry. Right now I have none of those and am feeling antsy like the children and a little bit sad.

For me to learn to parent again. This past year I was so hand's off while they were in language school I am finding I need to start from square one and I kind of feel lost and helpless. I am praying this will get better with a permanent place to live and a routine. I also feel like I don't know my children very well. I have seen things about them this week (good and bad) that I was clueless about.

Thanks for praying, as always.

I will post more apartment pictures later.

2 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Congratulations!!! We will be praying for everyone and their adjustment. I think it must be harder on the Momma because we are the control center for the emotions in the household sometimes!
Big Hugs Jessica!

Amy said...

I feel your "pain" and emotion about the struggle to adjust. Will be praying a great deal for you especially and of course the rest of the family, too. So excited that you got to run today! I set out to run 3 1/2 miles and shin splints and a staggering knee and ankle shut me down to a 2 mile walk! UUUGGGH! I am doing a 5K at UF on Saturday. Hopefully, with no pain. I am envious of your beach run. If I were there, I would so be running with you, sole sister!
Love you!
Amy

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top