Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The joy and pain of a new beginning

I can't possibly return all the e-mails in my inbox today, but thank you for EVERYTHING!

I feel happy and sad and overwhelmed all in one. The thing that has struck me the most is the immense love that we feel from so many people here. I seriously just NEVER expected that we would be so loved or would be able to love so deeply in only 1 year. Today, my neighbor and language partner got very weepy and told me that she loved me as if I were her own daughter. My heart is so touched and blessed and broken all at the same time. And don't even get me started on my friend Ana or my teacher Eugenia! UGH!!!

The kids are excited as can be. However, we keep having to throw stuff away or give it away because we are just out of room. And finally tonight, Ally had a break down and started crying, "Please stop throwing my stuff away. I have nothing left. Please stop!" She is definitely not materialistic by this world's standards. She has very little and wants to keep what she has - like the box that holds her watch. Getting settled will be a good thing for these little ones.

I asked the kids tonight to think if there is anyone they need to make things "right" with. If there is anyone they might have hurt or offended or if there is something between them and someone else. Within 3 minutes of asking this question, they each came back to me with the names of people they want to right their wrongs, seek forgiveness and leave things on a good note. I am so proud of them. And I am praying the same thing tonight! I am praying God will show me if I need to seek forgiveness or patch things up with someone before I head off. At the top of my head, I can't think of anyone, but God is great at bringing up hidden sin in the heart. And I will joyful obey if He brings someone to my mind.

This chapter is closed and the next chapter begins.

3 comments:

MichelleD said...

You and your family are constantly on my mind this week. I am praying for you like crazy. Thank you for sharing this journey with us.
I love you, friend.
Twinkling for Jesus,
Michelle

The Byrd's Nest said...

You are such a good mom and how wonderful that your children understand forgiveness....Praying for you and thinking about you often this week also.

The Byrd's Nest said...

How wonderful that your children already understand forgiveness...something alot of people in our "big church" don't understand yet!

Praying for you and your family this week.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top