Monday, August 11, 2008

Today and prayer

Okay, so the Pham Family might be a little obsessed with the Olympics. What are we going to do once we get to Peru and can't watch them? Let's hope we find friends like the first day we are there and they invite us over to watch them like every night. God is in the business of miracles, right?

We are 3 full days out. Please continue to pray for our family. Ally has come home sick 1 day a week for the past week and there is nothing wrong with her. She obviously is just needing more attention. We had a very bad incident tonight with the boys hitting on Ally and me not responding to it in the way that I should've. It is just very upsetting to think of my boys not protecting their sister in the way God has designed them. I know they are still little, but this incident made me angry. We are all feeling so stressed and ready to move on. It is only 8:53 p.m. and Avery has already woken up 2 times crying. She just wants to be held. She knows things are changing. I am just coveting your prayers.

John said the preaching went well and it was the best he has done yet. He prepared a lot and was really excited about the opportunity. I had planned to go, but couldn't make it, but he told me to rest assured because I would have many opportunities to hear it! :) Can't wait!

Well, back to the olympics!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I am definitely praying for your precious babes (and you and John, too, of course.) I know that all of this change for your family makes me somewhat anxious...and I am not even there! Praying against the enemy....praying peace and peace and peace and well, peace....and no pain for your ear.

Stephen Jones said...

Hi guys, we'll be praying for you as you travel to Peru. If you happen to find a fast internet connection there, you can watch a lot of the Olympics at http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/index.html. We have enjoyed watching a lot of stuff online because we don't get cable or any local stations that carry the Olympics.

laytonfamily said...

you're not the only one olympics happy - we're up til midnight each night watching swimming or gymnastics - I wish I could tape it for you, but you'll have no tv in peru.

The Byrd's Nest said...

The Byrd family is praying for each of you by name every day. Change is just so hard on everyone and the change you are going through is even harder. You are doing the Lord's work and He will protect all of you. Praying for peace in your family. Take everyone to His word and maybe that will help. Big Hugs!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I have a quick question Jessica....what did you do with the little ones when you were in language school? Is language school all day?Our girls will be four when we leave for Costa Rica and I just wasn't sure and we haven't gotten to where anyone will tell us this yet. I'm sure we will LOTS of info given to us in due time. BUT as a mom...I am just curious.

Praying for all of you and praying soon that you can make a somewhat permanent home in Peru very soon.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top