Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pictures

Safe to say the toe is broken. Here's what it looks like today. I have had a lot of pain this afternoon, but the morning time was great. Thanks for the confirmation and advice Jeanne and Amy.

Little Avery was posing for something. I have no idea what, but she is too cute. I just wish her belly wasn't showing. Had to post it anyway. Priceless!

Last night we unpacked the last bag (except daddy's office). In celebration, we made a cake and ate it! Here is everyone waving hello to you.


Today we started some "mild" homeschooling on attentiveness. I won't make this a homeschooling blog, however, I had very minimal expectations and was surprisingly pleased at the level of response and their eagerness to learn. We explored two different composer's music and the differences, blah, blah, blah. One of the guys name is Pachelbel and Jaxson was calling him Paco Bell! :) What a riot! We still don't have any friends or a church or language partners - just each other. It has been a sweet time of fellowship within the Phamily.

6 comments:

circus of love said...

Sorry about the toe.
The kids are soooo cute.
We started our Konos-in-a-box orderliness unit yesterday and went to co-op today. I think we are going to enjoy the unit study except I want to do EVERYTHING in it. I think I am taking all week just to get through everything on Day one. We may take a whole year to get through it. But I suppose they will really know everything about seasons, planets and plant and animal classifications. I love how the literature goes with the science stuff! We are also doing a state a week and Reading and Math and memorizing at least one verse each week. I can seem to get the laundry and dishes done and homeschool but not sure when the bathrooms and floors will get cleaned. I guess that is what Saturdays are going to be for.

Jonatha said...

I broke my little toe when Chad and I were building loft beds for the girls. I had to wear flip flops for months and it was during winter! It was ridiculous how much something so little could hurt! I feel for you :(
We are doing attentiveness right now as well. We skipped the composers and are starting on frontier life. We are all enjoying it!

I love your apartment - it looks like a really nice area to live.

Jonatha said...

I broke my little toe when Chad and I were building loft beds for the girls. I had to wear flip flops for months and it was during winter! It was ridiculous how much something so little could hurt! I feel for you :(
We are doing attentiveness right now as well. We skipped the composers and are starting on frontier life. We are all enjoying it!

I love your apartment - it looks like a really nice area to live.

Ansbaughmom said...

Hey girl-sorry about your toe. I know you were looking forward to that run this weekend. Well you will run again-just have to slow down in your new city life!!

The McClain's said...

Hey Jessica!

I just caught up on uour blog. We were in Nicaragua for a week and when we got back, realized our internet is still not working very well. Anyway, everything seems to be going great! Except for the toe...sorry about that! The kids look happy and that park looks amazing! The kids and I start school MOnday. Isabelle has asked me for two days if she can start Math, but I am not organized yet. I have left Math last to organize although I do not know why since both her and Ethan love it!!! Oh well...I'm a little nervous about starting and all, but I know God will get us through it. Right now there is so much I want to do, but I know we cannot do it all...so I am praying God leads me tothe things that are most important!

Anyway...love you guys- tell the kids HOLA from the McClain's!

Take Care! Miss you!
Brooke :)

Missionaries in La Ceiba, Honduras said...

That's one sad toe. Enjoy your settling in time!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top