Saturday, September 8, 2007

Day of the Children

In Costa Rica, there is a special holiday just for children. Very similar to a mother's day, but for kids. We attended our neighbor's "kid's" fiesta and it was a ton of fun. There is one word that will describe this party - sugar. In fact, there was so much sugar that one boy was throwing up in the sink. The food went like this - in this exact order: cookies, candy-bar, juice, popcorn, potato chips, ice-cream, more candy and a bag of candy to take home. We got a good taste of the culture and we had a great time. Parker even asked if we could stay here in Costa Rica to be missionaries because he wants to make sure there is a children's day every year. Here is a slide show so you can feel like you were with us:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phams! It's Kristen. That party looks like it was fun - especially for the kids. I have to encourage you, Jessica, to follow the doctor's instructions & don't test things until he says it's time. Not waiting, wanting to dance as much as you want to run, I wound up with a second surgery & no more dancing. Not that I care anymore, but I did for a long time. God is so amazing. He always knows what is best for us and it is always for His glory. My best to the whole Phamily. We are praying for you. Kristen (AKA "Connor's Mom")

Phamilyof6 said...

Hi Kristen:
Thanks for the advice. I am TOTALLY chilling because I WANT to get better so bad. I didn't know you were a dancer? Do you have a blog. I hope you are doing well. Thanks for keeping up. Miss ya....

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top