Saturday, September 29, 2007

He Seduced Me!

I had my first cross-culture salon experience today and I came out okay! It was definitely different than the way I get highlights in the States, but the end result is muy bien. I'm a little nervous my hair might start falling out from all of the chemicals, but hey, I look good today, right?

I had the pleasure of hearing my hairdresser's lovely testimony of her meeting with Christ. When she got to the part of encountering Jesus, she said, "He seduced me!"

WOW!! My eyes filled up with tears and so did hers. That is the kind of love our Savior, Jesus, offers. It is passionate! Intimate! Alluring! Faithful! Beautiful beyond description!

I will never forget those words, "He seduced me!"

As I was leaving the salon she had me pull a verse out of a little jar of verses. The verse God gave me today is:

"Antes de darte la vida, ya e habia yo oscogido; antes de que naciera, ya te habia yo apartado; te habia destinado a ser profeta de las naciones." Jeremiah 1:5

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

Another clear reminder of my purpose in this world. The seduction is not accidental, it was planned before I was ever even born!

Have you been seduced? If not, your beloved is waiting!

++++++++++++++++
Your Love is Extravagant by Casting Crowns

I had this song in my head after my conversation with her. It describes her encounter perfectly:
Your love is extravagant
Your friendship, it is intimate
I feel like moving to the rhythm of Your grace
Your fragrance is intoxicating in our secret place
Your love is extravagant

Chorus:
Spread wide in the arms of Christ is the love that covers sin
No greater love have I ever known You considered me a friend
Capture my heart again

Spread wide in the arms of Christ is the love that covers sin
No greater love have I ever known; You considered me a friend

Capture my heart again
Your love is extravagant
Your friendship, it is intimate

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top