Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Good day, Good day

Top 5 reasons why today was a good day:

1. We needed a date - REALLY BAD!! Our friends called us out of the blue on Monday night and offered to watch our kids so we could go out. They had NO idea of our need, but God did. They came tonight and we went out and enjoyed a great Italian dinner that had no hint of latin flavor in it whatsoever. It was yummilicious!

2. My friend is coming to visit in November and we had a mandatory IMB conference scheduled for that weekend. I was told I had to attend. My friend was going to have to come with me or sit home alone. Once again, God worked it out and today I was told that the conference was moved to another weekend. And, I found out the weekend she is here is also a 3 day weekend. That's God right there.

3. My physical therapist, Rosa, and I get along so well. I gave her our prayer picture and then she asked for my e-mail and phone number. I asked her if she would like to go to the mall sometime to watch a movie or hang out. She got so excited - as did I! She is my first real Tico friend. She is so patient with my Spanish and she helps me a ton. I really enjoy being around her and am excited to have a friend and I know God has plans for our relationship. I've been bouncing around all afternoon because 1. It's great to have friends and 2., It's especially great to have a Spanish speaking friend. I will take a picture of her and post it soon.

4. A great language learning day. I seriously had the NICEST taxi driver in the world. I can't stress enough how great it is when I find someone who is patient and interested enough to carry on a kindergarten conversation. Not only do I have Rosa, Louisa, Estrella....I had a great taxi driver, too. Just another kiss from Heaven.

6. My friend Amy, 31, a fellow runner from St. Cloud and Kitty's sister, found out her stage 3 Hodgkin's Lymphoma (she was diagnosed in March) is in REMISSION! Now this deserves a "whoop" as my friend Heather would say. Whoop! Whoop! We lift our hands up to heaven thanking God for this miracle and for her life.

5. My kids. My husband. And my leg is healing really well! :)

What a day, what a day, what a day!!

4 comments:

Justgottalaugh said...

Glad to read so many positives!! Sounds like a great day :)

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

oops...it cut off my "p"s. Oh well...WHOOP!

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

WWWWWWHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Now there's a Texas sized whoop for your Texas sized blessings!

Anonymous said...

Jessica, had our little going away for Bethia yesterday (Sept 20). She'll be moving back to her hometown of California. Clive will stay here until January. We're having to adjust to having more and more pen pals out of state. Nice to hear that you and your family are well.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top