Friday, September 14, 2007

Smarter and Prettier

In regards to my last post:
I was speaking with the academic advisor 2 days ago and she was telling me how awesome my husband is (you know- smart, easy-going, tranquillo; all of the things I am not). She mentioned how super-duper impressed she is with him and his ability to learn Spanish. He had Spanish in high school, but he talks like he had it for 2 years in college with college being last year. Seriously! Even she can't understand how he talks so well because he didn't do that great on his pre-evaluation grammar test.

Even though I am progressing at a satisfactory rate you wouldn't notice because John can write paragraphs (no, this is TOTALLY not normal) while I am still conjugating verbs very slowly in my head and wincing each time I try to make a thought - a thought which is usually incomplete by the way.

Anyway, I told the academic advisor that it has been challenging for me to watch John sour, oops, I mean soar, (although I am thrilled beyond words for him), while I am moving like a turtle missing one leg in comparison.

"He is just sooo smart," I said.

She looked at me and said, "He may be smarter, but you are prettier." :)

Hi five! I like that woman.

(all jokes aside, John is totally a handsome hunka, hunka burnin-love).

I looked her and said, "Awww...that's sweet, but a pretty face won't help me learn Spanish."

But maybe it will buy me some patience with people I'm trying to wince at. :)

1 comment:

Justgottalaugh said...

Yeah, your pretty face will come in handy, as it has over the years. Tell John we're proud of him but we think you're doing great, too. I guess learning Spanish is almost as hard as learning Kentuckian, huh?

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top