Saturday, September 15, 2007

Homesick

It is a joy to do what God has called me (us) to do.

But I REALLY miss my home town, my friends, family and old routine. I have never lived outside of St. Cloud except for a few years in college and then I was only 30 minutes away.

This past week I have cried every single day for one reason or another. I wouldn't say this is characteristic. I am not crying because I don't want to be here, but because I want to be there, too. I'm not going to dwell on all of the things I miss and desperately want to do or see or the people I want to embrace. That might start a flood of tears and it's also counterproductive.

I linger between guilt and acceptance most days. Guilt for missing a warm bath, my daddy's hug and a run with my friend Jenn at the lakefront. Then I accept God's perfect plan for our lives and I am filled with an unexplainable peace.

This life is not ridiculously hard, but being away from the people that have our hearts is the most painful experience I have had in life so far. There is no sacrifice that we are making that is NOT worth eternity. So, this life becomes challenging because of the pain that resides in my heart. I believed I would be immune to this, but I am not. God is using all of these things to show me that He is enough. Now, I just need to believe Him.

3 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Girl, you been busy today. Tearin' it up with the bloggin! Okay, this post called "homesick" sounds JUST like the post I JUST wrote on my blog! So we can cry together. I'm homesick and I haven't even left yet! And you summed it up beautifully, it's not that I don't want to be there, but I want to be here too. Why can't they just move Florida over about 3 states, you know swap with Louisiana. Those crazy cajuns would never know the difference.

And I LOVED the coconut story. It made me laugh out loud. Mainly b/c I identify. I always want something and I whine about it and Cary gets it for me then I don't like it! Are we sistas or what?

And Happy Giving Birth day! Rockstar Momma!

Phamilyof6 said...

Hi Sista:

Your empathy is priceless.

We'll be praying for you as you make that crazy flight. Fun, fun! Not really, but hopefully it will be seamless.

Anonymous said...

For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;It will not return to Me empty,Without accomplishing what I desire,And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. "For you will go out with joy And be led forth with peace; The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you,And all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
Isaiah 55:10-12

Persevere. Beleive God. Listen for the shouts of joy in the beautiful country where God has lead you! God's Word is true!

Love you!
Amy Jo

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top